La page de l’événement
Palais Des Nations, UN Headquarters in Geneva
Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Humanitarian Implications of Climate Change
Are you concerned about the effects of climate change? Would you like to know more about its humanitarian implications? Are you interested in discussing what the international community can do to address these challenges?
On 11 October 2018, from 5PM-7PM, the Permanent Representation of the Kingdom of the Netherlands will bring together experts from the field to address the humanitarian implications of climate change. Together with the audience, we will tackle the following questions:
• Where are we now?
• Where do we want to go?
• How do we get there?
We are happy to announce that we will be welcoming the following speakers:
• Kate Gilmore, United Nations Deputy High Commissioner for
• Marie-Claire Graf, Swiss Youth for Climate
• Dr Debra Roberts, Head of the Sustainable and Resilient City Initiatives (Durban, South Africa)
• Dr Valérie Masson-Delmotte, Senior Climate Scientist at Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat
• Henk Ovink, Special Envoy for Water Affairs (the Netherlands)
• Marcel Beukeboom, Climate Envoy (the Netherlands)
Please note that this event will take place at Bar Serpentine, located within the Palais des Nations, building E, and therefore registration is mandatory. Drinks and small bites will be served.
For more information on access to the UN premises as well as registration, please visit: